Credentialing and Certifications
Continuing Education Units
The Renaissance Education Group, Inc. (Renaissance) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) to provide continuing education. Renaissance designates each event for CEU credit, which is provided in the confirmation, on boarding letter, and the training workbook. Training participants should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the training event. There is a separate application for CEUs, and once training has been initiated, you will receive your CEU application. There is no "partial CEU" and training participants must complete the training delivery for credit. Renaissance in its training offerings, supports the standard that its continuing education courses be free of commercial bias.
Renaissance now recognizes your achievement through completion of the training program through a digital badge. We are pleased to provide this new service through our official digital credential provider, Credly’s Acclaim platform. Digital badging gives TRiO practitioners a way to share their knowledge, skills and abilities online in a way that is simple and trusted and can be easily verified in real time. It’s easy.
You worked hard to increase your competence and proficiency with TRiO Training, and the digital badge allows you to share and verify your achievements easily with the rest of the world, including potential program participants, your community partners, and in anticipation of future employers! Badges provide concrete evidence of what a TRiO professional had to do to earn the credential, the date the credential was awarded and the date of its expiration. You can easily share your badge on social and professional media, including LinkedIn. You can also send a link to it by email and add it to your email signature, blog or website.
There is no fee for this service, and your participation is optional.
Accessing Your Digital Badge
Your digital badge is designed for easy access! Beginning February, 2021, current training participants in P2 will be invited to accept their digital badge.
Here’s how you can accept and share your digital badge:
1. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org notifying you of your new badge. Be sure to check your spam box, as well!
2. Click the “Accept Your Badge” Button
3. If this is your first badge through Acclaim, you will be guided through steps to create an account. If not, sign into your Acclaim account to claim your badge.
4. You will be linked to a page where you can accept your badge. Please click on the “Accept Badge” button.
5. Immediately, your “Badge Settings” should pop up on your screen. Allow your page to be displayed publicly so others can see your achievement.
6. Now, you can explore the options to share your badge with others. On the “Share Your Badge” page, you will see a bar of social media websites, asking you to connect. Please connect to the social media channels you would like to use to share your digital badge.
7. Once connected, you and your peers will be able to view your digital badge!
Video Tutorial: Accepting Your New Badge